I cant even begin to explain all the technical hiccups I’ve had recently. I am just glad I am able to start blogging again. The good thing is I have a backlog of posts to share which I will put up together at the same time. Hopefully that will make up for my recent absence.
So on with the first post.
I have been asked by several readers to share my night time hair regimen.
I don’t wrap my hair around my head in a circular motion for the following reasons
1) I would have to use a comb to wrap the hair round my head. I avoid combing my hair more than once a week. Therefore nightly combing is a big no no for me.
2) A lot of ladies who wrap their hair round their hair at night do so because they intend to wear it down the next day and want it to be crease free. I hardly wear my hair down because I love buns and up-dos. I wear protective styles majority of the time so I do not mind if my hair has a few creases it when I wake up in the morning and remove my scarf.
What I do with my hair at night is known as a cross wrap.
1) Moisturise and seal my hair. Part it into two with my fingers.
2) Take one half and wrap it round the opposite side towards the front of my head.
3) Use a clip secure the hair at the front
4 &5) Repeat 2 and 3 with the other half.
6) Cover hair with a satin scarf and tie loosely
7) Slide out the clips gently
8) Adjust the front of the scarf to ensure that no hair is sticking out and tighten scarf
With cross wrapping I have some bends or creases in my hair when I wake up the following day but I don’t mind.
Please note that cross wrapping is not the only way to protect your hair at night. I am just sharing what I do with my hair and what works for me.
I hope you have found this helpful.
Stay tuned for a hair style pictorial coming up in a few minutes ( as long as my laptop co-operates)
Learn | Change | Grow